Commercially prepared soups commonly contain wheat, gluten, corn, soy, MSG, dairy and other common allergens – not to mention too much sodium!
Soups made from scratch are ideal for those with digestive challenges and allergies because:
• You control what goes into them – ensuring that only wholesome foods and quality ingredients go into the pot!
• They are easy to digest, therefore enabling you to assimilate more of the nutrients and strengthen your digestive system.
• They suit a busy lifestyle! They are quick and easy to make in big batches to freeze for lunch and dinner.
More than just following a recipe, you will learn the basic techniques for making these 3 categories of soup, which will give you a template to follow, enabling you to make many different variations of each type:
• Creamy (non-dairy), vegetable- based soups
• Strengthening lentil-based soups
• and Nourishing broths
All recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan!
You will receive:
• recipes and step-by-step instructions and techniques
• nutrition education specifically for allergy- free cooking
• a sample tasting of each soup
Andrea Potter is a classically trained chef and Registered Holistic Nutritionist. Her love of nutrition and organic, whole foods and healthy lifestyle brought her to Radha Yoga and Eatery; a culinary vegetarian hot spot in Vancouver, where she was the head chef for over 3 years. While at Radha she studied at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, where she graduated as a Registered Holistic Nutritionist in 2009. Through her business, Rooted Nutrition, she teaches healthy cooking classes and does one- on-one nutrition consultations, helping her clients to integrate healthy and delicious foods choices into their lives. Her cooking classes pair sound nutrition information with whole foods- based, beautifully prepared recipes. Interactive and fun; her classes convey her love of real food, community and culture. For further information, to book a private cooking class or inquire about consultations, contact Andrea at [email protected] or check out rooted’s blog at rootednutrition.wordpress.com
Date: Wednesday, November 10th, 2010
Location: Seymour St @ Smithe St, Downtown Vancouver (address provided upon registration)
Tickets: $29 (must be paid in advance to reserve your seat)
Andrea is generously offering our group a 25% discount on this class!
If you’d like to be the first to know about future events please join our community!!
*Workshop space provided by Cara Roth